Kid Glove House

01942 481638

Fitness to Work Certificate

Fitness to Work Certificate

If you are unfit for work due to illness, you DO NOT require a fit note (previously known as a ‘sick note’) from your GP for the first 7 days of incapacity. You should complete a self-certification form which is usually obtained from your employer.

If you are sick for a period of more than 7 days then you are required to obtain a GP fit note for further incapacity to work. If this is the case, then you would be required to book an appointment with a Doctor.

All fit notes are issued at the discretion of the Doctor, all patients requiring an initial certificate need to be seen by a Doctor prior to issue. In some circumstances repeat certificates can be arranged by telephone.